Bamboo shoots are the sprouts that shoot out beside the bamboo stem or grass plant.
The sprouts of bamboo are healthy and safe for consumption. And the bamboo belong to the Bambusoideae subfamily of grass.
The bamboo has has different classes whose sprouts are planted. This include phyllostachys edulis, winter shoots, ‘hairy’ shoots, phyllostachys, bambusoides, dendrocalamus latiflorus, bambusa vulgaris, bambusa oldhamii and bambusa odashimae.
Here are some positive health secrets of bamboo shoots;
- High in Dietary Fiber: Bamboo shoots are high in dietary fiber. The amount of dietary in bamboo shoots makes up 6-8 grams out of a 100 gram serving.
- Aids in weight loss and strengthens immune system.
- Bamboo shoots are useful in curing snake and scorpion bites.
- It reduces risk of cancer.
- Helps improve heart health and respiratory disease.