Good morning beautiful people of Nigeria. Welcome to the topmost insides on Nigerian papers making the headlines today morning – Sunday 13th February, 2022.
1. Three storey building under construction in at Akanbi crescent in Yaba, Lagos State collapsed yesterday, killing three and trapping four others including a security guard and construction workers.
Only one worker was rescued so far according to resorts.
2. Seyi Makinde – the Governor of Oyo State has said yesterday, Saturday, that he will announce the new Olubadan land on Monday 14th 2022.
The Oyo State Governor made this known at the 40 day funeral reception for immediate past Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji on Saturday.
3. The National Identify Management Commission (NIMC) has announced the restoration of the National identification number (NIN) verification service (NVS) portal, which has been down since last week as a result of maintenance. This was made Known yesterday, Saturday 12th February, 2022.
4. Two Nigerians were Killed on Friday 11th February, 2022 in South Africa as South Africans attacked foreign nationals over drugs, according to a statement by Mr Collins Mgbo – president of NUSA in Pretoria, South Africa.
Thus, leading to the Nigerian community under aegis of Nigeria Union South African, on Saturday, reiterating its call on the South African and Nigerian governments to end more judicial killings in their country.
5. Bola Tinubu – The national leader of All Progressives Congress revealed on Saturday, in a meeting at the palace of the Alake and Paramount ruler of Egbaland – Oba Adedotun Gbadebo in Abeokuta. Tinubu said that, he has informed President Buhari of his plans of replacing him in 2023.
6. President Buhari has sacked the Aide of the First Lady and appointed a new one. Buhari has appointed Muhammadu Sani Zorro as the new senior special assistant to the president on Public Affairs and Strategy, Office of the First Lady.
7. Armed hoodlums on Saturday attacked the Soka residence of Sunday Adeyemo, a Yoruba activist and agitator resulting in the injury of many and one death accordingly.
8. The vice president of Nigeria – Yemi Osinbajo has apologized to Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State on the conduct of security personnel at the gate of the Air Force Base in Makurdi during his visit.
The governor was bared from receiving the vice president to his State on Saturday by security personnels.
9. A former Zamfara Governor, Yari has been flown to UK on serious health problems.
According to Sahara reporters, Yari arrived at the plane terminal in a wheelchair.
10. Kaduna based Islamic Scholar, Shaikh Ahmad Gumi’s residence was been taken down by fire on Saturday afternoon, 12th February 2022.