Good morning beautiful people of Nigeria. Welcome to the topmost insides on Nigerian papers making the headlines today morning – Saturday 19th February, 2022.
1. President Buhari on a tough decision on who to endorse as the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) eight days days to the national convention of the party.
2. Minister of state for the Federal Capital territory (FCT) Hajiya Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, was booed during the presentation of certificates to elected area councils chairmen on Friday, yesterday.
Yahaya Bello presented the certificates at a ceremony.
3. Blessing Okagbare has been banned from Olympics for 10 years for doping, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) announced on Friday.
The 33 year old sprinter was expelled from Tokyo Olympics last year before women’s 100m semi finals after testing positive human growth hormone on July 19th in Slovakia.
4. Arewa youths consultative forum (AYCF) has issued a strong warning to the All Progressives Congress (APC) People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and other political parties across Nigeria on electing youths into political offices or risk losing votes from the northern part of the country.l in the 2023 elections.
5. Armed herdsmen attacked Tse Udegbe community, Mbakpa council ward and Ahumen community in Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State. Five people including a father and son were abducted according to reports.
6. The management of hotels in Lagos has busted an alarm over the activities of scammers who target customers by deceiving them to pay money into private bank accounts instead of the hotel’s approved bank account for bookings.
7. Aggrieved members of the APC in Daura Local Government Area of Katsina State have protested the alleged imposition of candidates by some top politicians for the position of council chairman.
8. There is an uneasy calmness in Osun State as APC holds its governorship primarys today Saturday 19th 2022,
The tension is as a result from the a battle for the sole ticket of the party between the Governor of Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola and a former secretary to the State Government – Moshood Adeoti.
9. NDLEA tightens security at their headquarters at Gambia, Area 11, Abuja over fear of attacks while Abba Kyra cocaine saga goes on.
10. Wike warms Atiku Abubakar to call Dokpesi to order on the spread of fake news over the elections of governors on the PDP platform.